This page (together with the documents it refers to) outlines the terms and conditions on which we grant you access to and use of our website www.williamsontea.com and the terms and conditions under which we supply any of the products (Products) listed on www.williamsontea.com to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before continuing to use Our Site or ordering any Products from Our Site. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
1 INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.williamsontea.com (“Our Site”) is operated by Williamson Fine Teas Ltd (“we,” “us” or “Williamson Tea”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 1868433 and with our registered office at Williamson Fine Teas Ltd, Manor Farm, Little Bedwyn Estate, Little Bedwyn, Marlborough, Wiltshire, SN8 3JR. Our VAT number is GB 446 9680 05
2 USE OF OUR SITE
2.1 By using Our Site you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of Our Site. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use Our Site.
2.2 We may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Williamson Tea. Your continued use of Our Site after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
2.3 You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Our Site content in any way (except for your own personal, non-commercial use). You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Our Site content (except for your own personal,non-commercial use). Any use of Our Site content requires the prior written permission of Williamson Tea.
2.4 You agree to use Our Site only for lawful purposes in accordance with these terms and condition, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of Our Site. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within Our Site.
2.5 Our Site content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating Williamson Tea and/or its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “IS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
2.6 Under no circumstances will Williamson Tea be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
- (a) loss of data;
- (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits;
- (c) loss of business;
- (d) loss of opportunity;
- (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
- (f) losses suffered by third parties; or
- (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Our Site regardless of the form of action.
2.7 We do not warrant that functions contained in Our Site content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that Our Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
2.8 The names, images and logos identifying Williamson Tea or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of Williamson Tea and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of Williamson Tea or any other third party.
2.9 Links on Our Site may lead to other websites. Williamson Tea accepts no responsibility for the content, accuracy or function of such websites nor does Williamson Tea endorse the contents of such sites.
2.10 Contributions to www.williamsontea.com
2.10.2 By submitting your contribution to this Site you:
- warrant that:
- your contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Williamson Tea for all the purposes specified above;
- is not defamatory;
- does not infringe any law; and
- indemnify Williamson Tea against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Williamson Tea as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
- waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on this Site and the purposes specified above.
2.11.1 If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on this Site then the latter shall prevail.
2.11.2 If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
2.11.3 These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
3 HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
3.1 Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the order has been accepted (Order Confirmation). The contract between us (“Contract”) will only be formed when we send you the Order Confirmation.
3.2 The Contract will relate only to those Products whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Order Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products which may have been part of your order until the order of such Products has been confirmed in a separate Order Confirmation.
4.1 If you are contracting as a consumer, you may cancel your order within 14 days of the date on which the Products are delivered to you for any reason. Please be aware that we are unable to cancel, refund or exchange the products listed below unless they are faulty or not as described (please see sections 5.5 and 5.6 for further information about returning faulty goods).
- You can cancel during this 14-day cooling-off period by:
- (a) informing us by either
- emailing your cancellation to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- calling 0333 0144522 between the hours of 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (except for Public Bank Holidays); and (b) returning the Product(s) to us. Products should be returned to Williamson Fine Teas Ltd, Manor Farm, Little Bedwyn Estate, Little Bedwyn, Marlborough, Wiltshire, SN8 3JR
- without undue delay and in any case, not later than 14 days from the day on which you cancel. Please note that we will not reimburse your postage costs on returned items. You will be responsible for the cost of returning the item(s) to us and risk remains with you until we receive the Product(s). These provisions do not affect any statutory rights that you may have.
4.2 Products we are unable to cancel, refund or exchange:
- Products which have been personalised for you; and
- Perishable goods such as confectionery, chocolate, biscuits, cakes, crackers, marmalades and preserves.
5 EFFECT OF CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
5.1 If you cancel your order in accordance with these terms and conditions, we will reimburse to you all payments we have received from you (including, if applicable, the costs of delivery except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us) in respect of the returned Products.
5.2 We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for any loss in value of any Products supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. Unnecessary handling is any handling over and above what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functionality of the products (i.e what you would do in a shop to inspect the products prior to purchase). For the avoidance of doubt, we will not refund Product(s) which have been opened or tampered with or which have been consumed in whole or in part (unless the Products are defective and such defect was only apparent on opening of the Product).
5.3 Please note that we may withhold reimbursement until we have received the Products back or you have supplied evidence of having sent the Products back, whichever is the earliest. We will then reimburse you within 14 days of the earlier of these two events using the same means of payment used for the initial transaction, unless you have agreed otherwise.
5.4 We may have to cancel an order before the Products are delivered, due to an event outside our control or the unavailability of stock. We will promptly contact you if this happens. If we have to cancel an order and you have made any payment in advance for products that have not been delivered to you, we will refund these amounts to you.
Return of Faulty Goods
5.5 We are under a legal obligation to supply products that conform to the Contract. Therefore, if the products delivered are not of satisfactory quality or do not conform to the description provided or any of these terms upon delivery, you may cancel the Contract and obtain a full refund (including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you and the cost incurred by you in returning the item to us) by returning the faulty Products to us at Williamson Fine Teas Ltd, Manor Farm, Little Bedwyn Estate, Little Bedwyn, Marlborough, Wiltshire, SN8 3JR within 6 months from the date of purchase. On notifying Williamson Tea of your faulty goods, please provide proof of purchase (providing your order number will be satisfactory).
5.6 Please note that we may withhold reimbursement until we have received the faulty Products back or you have supplied evidence of having sent the faulty Products back, whichever is the earliest. We will then reimburse you within 14 days of the earlier of these two events using the same means of payment used for the initial transaction, unless you have agreed otherwise.
6.1 The Products shown on this website are a fair representation of the actual terms, although minor details may vary.
6.2 All Products offered are subject to availability. We will endeavour to identify any “out of stock” products on our website – occasionally, large or frequent orders might mean we run of stock during the trading day.
7 UK AND INTERNATIONAL DELIVERIES
7.1 Please see delivery terms below – ’17 SPECIAL OFFERS TERMS AND CONDITIONS’ – (UK & International deliveries)
8 RISK AND TITLE
8.1 The Products will be at your risk from the time of signed delivery.
8.2 Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
9 PRICE AND PAYMENT
9.1 The price of any Products will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
9.2 These prices include VAT if applicable but exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due as set out in clause 5.
9.3 Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation. Our site contains a large number of Products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a Product’s correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you. If a Product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection.
9.4 We are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you a Dispatch Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
9.5 Payment for all Products must be by Paypal or the following credit or debit cards, Visa, Visa Delta, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Switch, Solo and American Express. Payment will be taken at the time of ordering.
9.6 You undertake that the details you provide to us for the propose of ordering or purchasing goods are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there is sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
10 IMPORT DUTY
10.1 If you order Products from our site for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
10.2 Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
11 WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
If you have any complaint about our service or product, we would very much like to hear from you. Please e-mail us at email@example.com or call us on 0333 014 4522 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (except for Public Bank Holidays)
13 ONLINE SECURITY
13.1 We use the latest Secure Server Technology to ensure that all data submitted through our website is protected to the highest standards. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption is used to ensure that all credit card and transactional information is secure. You can tell when the web page your using is secure as the letters ‘https’ will replace ‘http’ in the browser address window. You will also notice a yellow padlock appear either next to your browser address window or at the bottom of your browser window. Our Payment Service Provider is Sage Pay – the largest independent payment service provider (PSP) in the UK and Ireland. Sage Pay provides a secure payment gateway, processing payments for thousands of online businesses, including ours. Sage Pay uses a range of secure methods such as fraud screening, I.P address blocking and 3D secure. The checkout screens you see on our website simply act as a window (or “frame”) in which Sage Pay’s system operates. All of your sensitive data is secured using the industry standard encryption technology known as Secure Socket Layer (SSL). This technology essentially scrambles your data when you transmit it to us to keep your order information secure. Both Williamson Tea and our third party payments processor Sage Pay are PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliant to the highest level and maintains regular security audits. Sage Pay are also regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure that their systems are impenetrable. Find out more about shopping securely via Sage Pay at www.sagepay.com/shoppers.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
13.2 If you have any specific questions – contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0333 014 4522 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (except for Public Bank Holidays)
14 OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
14.1 We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
14.2 You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order Products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
15 LAW AND JURISDICTION
Contracts for the purchase of Products through our site will be governed by English law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such Contracts shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
16.1 If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on our Site then the latter shall prevail.
16.2 If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
16.3 Any breach of common sense relating to the use of our website, products or in any dealings with Williamson Tea are deemed to be a breach of our Terms and Conditions.
17 SPECIAL OFFERS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
17.1 Free standard postage & packing (normally £4.95) applies to order over £40 (inclusive of VAT) after any promotional discounts have been taken off. Free standard postage applies only to UK orders.
17.2 Promotions cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, best offer will apply.
- 1.1 We use Royal Mail and DHL for UK deliveries.
- 1.2 For Standard delivery by Royal Mail at £4.95 [including free postage deliveries], our process is to prepare your order and despatch on the same or next working day [Monday to Friday], which means that you receive your order within 2 to 5 days. All orders dispatched by Royal Mail will be assumed to have been delivered once dispatched and Williamson Tea cannot be held liable for any orders that are not delivered if this option is used.
- 1.3 For Express deliveries £6.95 [UK only], for orders received before 2.30pm, we will process and dispatch your order on a priority basis to try and ensure it reaches you within 48 hours. Please make sure you are at the delivery address within these 48 hours so that this can be delivered to you as this does require a signature. Our shipping department is open Monday to Friday meaning, an express order placed on a Friday before 2.30pm will be scheduled for delivery the following Monday.
- 1.4 We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure these times are met, but cannot be held responsible for dispatched parcels delayed by third parties, for example due to poor weather conditions.
- 1.5 All orders must be signed for by the customer.
- 1.6 We will replace lost or damaged orders free of charge if the following procedures are undertaken;
- Contact of Customer Service using the email@example.com email address.
- Provision of the Order Number and photographic evidence of the damaged products.
- If requested by the Customer Service Team damaged items must be returned to the Williamson Tea Office address. Any expenses incurred in the return of damaged goods will be reimbursed in form of a discount on the customer’s next order online at williamsontea.com
2 INTERNATIONAL DELIVERIES
- 2.1 We use an air freight service for nearly all international deliveries. However, unfortunately we are unable to ship to Ukraine and Russia at this time. For further advice on the countries we deliver to please contact Customer Services on 03330144522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2.2 We use an air freight service and transit time will be 14 days, depending on the destination. A signature will be required on receipt.
- 2.3 We pass on to our customers only the exact courier cost to us, which is calculated based upon product weight only [we ignore the weight of the outer packaging] and the destination country.
- 2.4 All international customers will receive a tracking email to show the progress of their order.
- 2.5 When ordering goods from our site for delivery overseas you may be subject to additional import duties and taxes, which are levied once the order reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. We have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be.
- 2.6 Within our fees there is a Fuel Surcharge. This surcharge may vary from month to month therefore all international postage charges will change slightly month to month.
- 2.7 If you do not receive your order within 15 days, please contact Customer Services on 03330144522 or email email@example.com
- 2.8 We will replace lost or damaged orders free of charge.
- 2.9 Our third party carriers may not be able to deliver to certain countries at particular times for reasons of politics, government, natural disaster or operational crises. In such circumstances your shipment will be returned to our mail centre and held till such a time that they are able to deliver to you.
- 3.0 Due to strict Customs Regulations in Australia we are unable to despatch anything that contains Citrus Peel or Wood to this country.